Forming a new business is an exciting time for any entrepreneur. Realizing the dream of owning your own business is an accomplishment worth protecting. With a corporate attorney on your side you can manage risks effectively and avoid any pitfalls that could open you up to litigation. It is my job to make sure your business is set up and being managed properly to prevent these issues from ever arising.
Real estate law matters involve economic, business and sometimes even personal considerations. When handling your real estate matters, I do not lose sight of your goals and objectives.
Through strong preparation and diligence, I strive to avoid any problems that could complicate your transaction or cause problems afterwards.
Comprehensive legal services in the areas of estate and business succession planning, as well as wealth preservation matters, to family-owned and managed businesses, families, individuals, estates and trusts. Designing a wealth transfer plan, working to minimize the impact of taxes, or helping you fulfill your fiduciary obligations to bring you the benefit of creative, yet practical, real-life advice and solutions.
The work you put into your business formation plan and business structure ahead of time can have a significant impact on the success of your business in the future. The form of business entity you adopt impacts your taxes, liability, profits and growth potential. That is why it is so important to confer with a qualified corporate attorney even before you open your business. I have extensive experience in business formation and understand the nuances of New York law and Federal tax regulations to assist in selecting, forming and managing the most appropriate form of business entity for you, including but not limited to:
· For-profit Corporations
· Limited Liability Companies
· Non-profit Corporations
Effective risk management involves the following key areas of practice:
· Corporate Governance: designing protocols for electing and maintaining a board of directors, officers and senior managers; advising officers, directors, shareholders, members, partners and owners concerning their legal rights and responsibilities; dispute resolution.
· Contracts: drafting proper contracts to protect you from risk and ensure both you and the other parties are clear about expectations.
· Employment & HR Compliance: drafting employment contracts; designing internal policies and procedures to ensure companies are operating in compliance with all federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
· Intellectual Property: filing trademark and copyright protections for your business.
Managing the process of purchase and sale transactions, mergers, consolidations, reorganizations and dissolutions of business entities to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of your business assets:
· Deal Negotiation and Structuring
· Buy/Sell agreements
· Shareholder agreements
· Distribution agreements
· Non-Competition agreements
I provide comprehensive legal services in the areas of estate and business succession planning, as well as wealth preservation matters, to family-owned and managed businesses, closely-held businesses, families, individuals, estates, trusts and foundations. Whether designing a wealth transfer plan, working to minimize the impact of taxes, or helping clients fulfill their fiduciary obligations, my clients receive the benefit of creative, yet practical, real-life advice and solutions. I advise individuals, couples and families on difficult tax, business, wealth transfer and wealth preservation issues:
· Gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
· Asset titling and customized beneficiary designation
· Community and marital property planning
· Irrevocable trusts, including Medicaid Asset Protection trusts, intentionally defective irrevocable trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts
· Powers of attorney and living wills
· Wills and revocable trusts
· Comprehensive business succession planning
· Family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
· Fiduciary duty issues and avoidance of conflicts of interest
· Trust reformation
I represent business entities and individuals, and can assist with all kinds of transactions and matters, including, but not limited to, in the following areas:
· Purchase and Sale of Real Estate
· Real Estate Development and Construction
· Real Estate Leasing
· Coop / Condo Board Representation
· Real Estate Finance
· Private Mortgages
· Lender Representation / Settlement Agent
· Land Use Planning & Zoning Law
· Construction Contracts