“Life is short, but your legacy is forever. You have worked hard your whole life to build up your wealth, your business, and your reputation. But what happens next?
If you are proud of what you have built, it’s only natural to want to ensure that it can continue on without you—and that your family and the people who you love will be taken care of and will be able to continually benefit from the fruits of your labor.
That’s where an estate planning and business succession attorney can help—and in Brooklyn, New York, the business succession and estate planning attorney to call is Irena Zolotova.
Attorney Zolotova offers comprehensive legal services in the areas of estate and business succession planning, as well as wealth preservation matters, to individuals, estates, trusts, families, and family-owned and managed businesses.
With extensive experience designing estate plans, trusts, and wealth transfer plans, Attorney Zolotova can craft a bespoke estate and/or business succession plan tailor-made for your needs. She brings a wealth of estate planning, wealth transfer, and business succession planning knowledge to the table, including an in-depth understanding of New York’s many laws, rules, and regulations around business succession, estate planning, and wealth transfer.
Attorney Zolotova has the skill, knowledge, and creativity necessary to design a plan for your unique needs, which will enable you to fulfill your fiduciary obligations while minimizing the impact of taxes and other potential impediments, complications, and unnecessary expenses. Her inventive, real-life advice has saved her clients real money, real time, and real stress, and she takes great pride in being able to help clients ensure that their legacy remains intact—both in business matters and in family matters.
Attorney Zolotova’s available services include:
- Tax Planning: With extensive expertise in New York State and federal tax law, Attorney Zolotova analyzes the needs of each client on a case-by-case basis, and assesses which estate and tax planning tools will best serve the client’s needs and best interests. Whether you are looking for standard estate and business succession plans or more elaborate trusts and planning measures (for example, generation-skipping transfer tax planning), Attorney Zolotova has you covered.
- Asset, Property, and Beneficiary Services: Attorney Zolotova will help you properly itemize the assets and properties within your estate, with an eye toward titling and customized beneficiary designation.
- Community and marital property planning: Married couples have unique property and estate planning needs, and Attorney Zolotova can help craft unique estate and business succession plans that cater to those needs.
- Wills and Revocable Trusts: Attorney Zolotova will tailor-make basic estate planning documents that ensure the continued passage of property and assets from generation to generation, in accordance with the wishes of the estate holder.
- Irrevocable Trusts and Trust Reformation: Many estates can benefit from the use of irrevocable trusts, and Attorney Zolotova can provide a thorough assessment of which irrevocable trust—if any—is best for you. Her specialties include but are not limited to Medicaid Asset Protection trusts, intentionally defective irrevocable trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts. In addition, Attorney Zolotova offers trust reformation services, allowing for essential changes to be made to irrevocable trusts in certain circumstances.
- Powers of attorney and living wills: Attorney Zolotova specializes in drafting documents that will help you ensure that your wishes are followed if ever you are incapacitated and/or unable to express them for yourself.
- Comprehensive business succession planning: If you own your own business and want to ensure that it changes hands and continues onward both peacefully and in accordance with your wishes, you will need a business succession plan. Attorney Zolotova will work with you to create a business succession plan from the ground up, ensuring that all of your needs and concerns are met.
- Family limited partnerships and limited liability companies: If you have a family-based business (either a family limited partnership or limited liability company), Attorney Zolotova can help you create a specialized business succession plan to ensure the continued success of the business within your family.
- Fiduciary duty issues and avoidance of conflicts of interest: Often, especially in family-based businesses, issues of fiduciary duties and conflicts of interest can become especially complex. Attorney Zolotova will help you sort through and prevent any potential issues of conflict or breach of duty, giving you the peace of mind that you need to hand your business off to the next generation.
Are you looking for a thorough, experienced, and knowledgeable trust and business succession attorney in Brooklyn, NY? Is personalized, high-quality legal service a priority for you? If so, call Attorney Solotova at (646) 960-7773 for a consultation on your case today.
Contact Us Now For A Personalized Evaluation!