Forming a new business is an exciting time for any entrepreneur. Realizing the dream of owning your own business is an accomplishment worth protecting. With a corporate attorney on your side you can manage risks effectively and avoid any pitfalls that could open you up to litigation. It is my job to make sure your business is set up and being managed properly to prevent these issues from ever arising.
The work you put into your business formation plan and business structure ahead of time can have a significant impact on the success of your business in the future. The form of business entity you adopt impacts your taxes, liability, profits and growth potential. That is why it is so important to confer with a qualified corporate attorney even before you open your business. I have extensive experience in business formation and understand the nuances of New York law and Federal tax regulations to assist in selecting, forming and managing the most appropriate form of business entity for you, including but not limited to:
- For-profit Corporations
- Limited Liability Companies
- Non-profit Corporations
Effective risk management involves the following key areas of practice:
- Corporate Governance: designing protocols for electing and maintaining a board of directors, officers and senior managers; advising officers, directors, shareholders, members, partners and owners concerning their legal rights and responsibilities; dispute resolution.
- Contracts: drafting proper contracts to protect you from risk and ensure both you and the other parties are clear about expectations.
- Employment & HR Compliance: drafting employment contracts; designing internal policies and procedures to ensure companies are operating in compliance with all federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
- Intellectual Property: filing trademark and copyright protections for your business.
Managing the process of purchase and sale transactions, mergers, consolidations, reorganizations and dissolutions of business entities to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of your business assets:
- Deal Negotiation and Structuring
- Buy/Sell agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Non-Competition agreements
Contact Us Now For A Personalized Evaluation!